Parks & Recreation Commission
- 7:00 p.m.
- 4th Monday of the month, as needed and not necessarily every month. Please check the website calendar.
- Council Chambers at City Hall.
Agendas and Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings.
Most Recent Agenda | View All
Meeting Packets are available prior to the meetings.
Most Recent Packet | View All
Minutes are also available following approval.
Most Recent Minutes | View All
For Parks and Recreation Commission minutes of meetings not shown, please contact April Strouse at (541) 826-4212 ext. 102.
The Parks and Recreation Commission was created by the City Council in February of 2000, to act as an advisory board to the City Council for acquisition and development of public parks, greenways, open spaces, and other recreational facilities and programs.
The Commission members are appointed to three-year terms, with staggered appointments. The Commission is made up of a total of nine members. Of the nine members, six members live within the City limits or urban growth boundary area of Eagle Point (voting memberships), one member is a Jackson County School District 9 representative (voting membership), one member is an Eagle Point High School Youth Representative (non-voting membership), and one member is a City Council liaison (non-voting membership).
Commission Member Application
2017 Parks & Recreation Commission Members
School District 9 Representative
|| Wyn Lewis
| To be announced
City Council Liaison
|| Ana Mannenbach
| Elizabeth Bilden
| Jason Tilley
|| Eagle Point High School
| Douglas Detling
The Commission Offers
The Commission was created to offer the following:
- Assist the City in obtaining grants and gifts for parks, recreation, and the arts
- Develop a mission, vision, and master plan for future parks and open space
- Educate the public on existing and planned programs for park and open space development
- Encourage the participation and involvement of all members of the community for parks and recreation
- Establish a formal relationship between the City and the local schools
- Solicit public input and recommendations to the City Council on matters related to parks and recreation programs
The mission of the Eagle Point Parks and Recreation Commission is to plan and develop opportunities for a full range of recreational facilities, activities, and programs to meet the demands of all ages within our expanding communities.