The City Recorder serves as the clerk to the City Council. The City Recorder oversees the keeping of official records and documentation of official acts of the City of Eagle Point, and functions as the City’s elections officer, archivist, and records manager.
The operations of this office include access to public meetings, public records, and the election process for the City of Eagle Point:
- Access to city meetings – All City Council meetings are open to the general public except executive sessions. Meeting agendas and Minutes of Meetings are available on the website. If a physical accommodation is needed to participate in a meeting, please contact the City Recorder at 541-826-4212 ext. 106 or TTY/TDD 711 or 800-735-2900. Notification of at least 48 hours prior to the meeting will assist the City in providing reasonable accommodations. (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title II).
- Advisory committee recruitment – If you are interested in serving on an advisory committee to the Eagle Point City Council, please visit the homepage to see Public Notice of open positions or contact the City Recorder about openings. Residency within the City of Eagle Point is a requirement of most advisory committees or commissions; however, the Economic Development Commission and Parks & Recreation Commission have Commissioner positions which do not require residency.
- Elections information – The City Recorder serves as the city elections official, providing election information to assist candidates as they run for office, providing election information to citizens, and working closely with Jackson County during election years.
- Information on activities of the Eagle Point City Council and Advisory Committees – This office can assist you with contacting members of various council-appointed advisory committees, such as the Planning Commission, Economic Development Commission, Parks and Recreation Commission, and Budget Committee.
- Information related to city codes and laws – The Municipal Code is a published compilation of City laws, organized according to subject matter (arranged by title, chapter and section). The Municipal Code is updated periodically as new ordinances are adopted by the City Council. For access to state laws, browse Oregon State Statutes.
- Public Records – The City Recorder is the custodian of public records for the City of Eagle Point. To request a public record, please fill out a public records request form.